Feature Suggestions / Ideas (c:

Mar 11, 2010 at 7:38 PM

I like the icon "Show website Icon" feature alot.  I'm a huge fan of the little visuals.

Just for asthetics, it would be great if I had the choice of manually inserting an image from my computer. 

Coordinator
Mar 12, 2010 at 9:31 PM

That might be neat, but it would actually take a bit of effort, because the images right now are pulled directly from the web, they aren't stored in the file. So I'd have to figure a way to store the selected image. Plus, there is the size issue. Any image has to be shrunk to 16x16 to fit in the space, and images don't always look right after being shrunk that small. So there might be a perception that the feature wasn't very good because people would try to insert large images and then they wouldn't look right. What do you think about that? Do you see it as a problem?

To be honest, I'm up to my eye balls right now in another project, so I can't say when I'll be able to really focus on Password Provider again, other than bug fixes, but at some point I will and these little suggestions will be useful. Thank you.

Mar 13, 2010 at 9:25 AM

I hear ya, don't worry about actually implementing, just thoughts for the suggestion bucket, since I apparently love to do this with my free time :)

I agree with you sounds like a pain.  The only way I could see it being remotely possible with a method that's in the spirit of the icon download you have for sites would be to have an icon site with a bunch of pre-loaded ones, and good tools to allow users to add content, and just make it to where you could add a link to the image from that site...or something to that effect anyway, so that there has to be no storage (but i know THAT would require maintenance of an entirely separate cow). 

Thanks for entertaining my thoughts with a response though.  Don't feel obligated to respond, especially if you're busy :D  I still think your program is cool with what it has today. 

Good nite!

/R

Gabe